The Business Studies Track requires 37-50 s.h. of work for the major. It provides a preapproved plan of study that combines a generalized business background with a choice of four emphasis areas: organizational practice and perspectives, values and ethics, arts management, and technology and inquiry. Students who choose this track also have the option of proposing their own business-related emphasis area to the faculty advisory committee.
|Career Preparation Component||1-3|
Important Notes for Business Studies Track students
- Maximum two class overlap if applying courses to a double major.
- No major coursework can be counted toward a minor.
- A student earning an Interdepartmental Studies major must earn a minimum of 30 semester hours of credit from courses offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, thus satisfying the CLAS Residence requirement.
- Business Studies Track students are prohibited from earning a Business major.
- Business Studies Track students are prohibited from earning a Business Administration minor.
Requirements and Plan of Study
Due to the potential for course and curriculum changes, it is recommended that students consult the UI General Catalog links below for the latest information on this track.